Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week in Review

I'm finished with my reverse sewing project and put together a few of the Easy Street blocks. I figure I have all month (I know, I'm going to be sorry!) to get them all together, so took a break and caught up with the Temecula Sew Along.
Third Row Finished

Love the little stars!
I also managed to get the 24th Grandmother's Choice block sewn up:

Block 24 True Blue

Tuesday was the first 2013 meeting of Prairie Women at Colorz for Quilts. 
We are doing Journey Three which starts with this quilt:

I love reels!
                                       
Pam Buda named this quilt Contrary Wife. Coincidentally,  Barbara Brackman wrote about this block she calls Order Number Eleven, this week. There's a very interesting story and woman behind the reel block--click on the block name above to read more.




Naturally, while I was at the quilt shop, I had to check out the fabrics and came home with some really nice greens, browns and blacks:

These look a bit grayer that they really are. Most are from one of the Tavern collections by Paula  Barnes. 

Tavern Collection: Green by Nancy Rink
Marcus Fabrics has a free pattern using the Tavern Greens Free to Use pattern here


Since we are in the midst of a nasty sleet/snow storm, I am going to spend some time getting more of my half inch hexes prepared so I can work on them during Downton Abbey (or maybe the Walking Dead--not sure which I will set the DVR to record).

3 comments:

  1. Your Temecula project is looking great! And I love PB's Tavern collections...each one has been a winner in my book.
    I learned my lesson one night when I DVRed Downton Abbey. Although I planned to watch it just an hour late, I made the mistake of going onto Facebook between shows and someone had written about the episode. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fabrics you used for the Temecula blocks. Especially the way the flowers are centered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rows look so wonderful! I love the fussy cut centers. The reel quilt pattern looks beautiful - I can't wait to see what you do with it :0)

    ReplyDelete