Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Countdown! Day Six

 Winter Wonderland by Crabapple Hill Design Studio.
This was completed in 2008 just in time to hang in our local quilt show. It measures 64" x 71.5".
Crabapple Hill
Doesn't everyone love this pattern? The original pattern is done in red, but you know I"m a blue person!
It just seems to me that winter is blue aka COLD!
We did this quilt one year as a Stitch Therapy project.
I was a lot of fun to see the different versions. 

Crabapple Hill
Meg's artwork is so adorable and cute.
There are hundreds of cobalt colored Swarovski hot-fix crystals on the quilt.
Instead of French Knots on the snowflakes, I substituted the tiny crystals. 

Crabapple Hill
I used iridescent thread to quilt some snowflakes in the border. 

Crabapple Hill
If you have the pattern, you know there is a "bonus" block that Meg suggests you put wherever you please.
Since this little snowman is on a sled, he slid off the center into the border!
I don't usually put this much effort into my labels, but Winter Wonderland needed a special one.  

4 comments:

  1. The label was a cute surprise and well worth the effort. You're right, we all love this pattern and the crystals are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt and beautiful blue embroidery--one of these quilts "over the river and through the woods" is on my 2014 list...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUCH a special quilt! I love Meg Hawkey's designs and you have done this quilt so beautifully. I so enjoying your Christmas Countdown - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How big will the graph alone be? Thank you

    ReplyDelete