Monday, September 22, 2014

Sunflower Gatherings Update

Several years ago, I made a blue version of Flight of Fancy
At our sew-in last week, Sherry brought in two of her latest finishes that I had to share:
This is a her Flight of Fancy by Crabapple Hill Designs.
I love this brown version!
.
The embroidery patterns are so beautiful!
 I changed the alternate block pattern to an uneven nine patch and so did Sherry.
My friend Sandi has made a green version with the same alternate block.

embroidered-quilt-pattern-flight-of-fancy
Meg's original Flight of Fancy done in French General Fabrics.
I felt that the big four patch alternate block kind of overwhelmed the delicate embroideries.

Sherry also finished this gorgeous Edyta Sitar spool quilt--wow!!
I have an empty tub!!
Sunflowers Gatherings is done...well, almost...
I've been keeping on task, trying to get my Sunflower Gatherings top together now that all the blocks have been sent out. I didn't opt in to purchase the finishing kit, so I am doing my own borders. 
Primitive Gatherings
This is the start of my borders.
 I brought the "chain" out to points using scraps from my stash and strips of Primitive Gathering's background prints that I've been collecting this summer.

Primitive Gatherings
There won't be much more added to bottom and sides, but I am testing out an idea for a top border.

More later!

2 comments:

  1. Stunning quilts. The embroidery work is amazing. Creative Quilt Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the Flight of Fancy quilts and I think your blue version is my favourite. Your Sunflower Gatherings is amazing!

    ReplyDelete