Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sunday Sewing

It's pretty gloomy today--perfect for some hand stitching!
Now that my wool hexagons are all stitched, I need to get back to Sophie's Garden. I will be able to put together the first three rows soon.
 The first meeting for my Stitch Therapy group is tomorrow and this is the project we will be working on. It's going to be so fun to see lots of different versions of Sophie's Garden!

 I will be stitching on block 12 tonight while watching Mr. Selfridge.
 I get so annoyed with Loxley--am I the only one that would like to give him a rap on the nose with his walking stick?
Image result for lord loxley mr selfridge
You're hard man to like,  Lord Loxley!


On a happier note:
Finally! My half yard cuts of Union Blues I pre-ordered months ago arrived yesterday--love them--definitely worth the wait!
linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
Slow Sunday Stitching

17 comments:

  1. Sophie's Garden is beatiful. You're almost ready to put it all together. I invite you to link to WIPs Be Gone to show this wonderful progress. Off to see your hexagons in previous posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie's Garden looks oh so good! Love the house block. Love the sort of heart shaped wreath block too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie's Garden is coming along beautifully! I especially like the last block (marked with a 12 in the pic)! Union Blues look dreamy... I may have to treat myself to a bundle! :-) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Sophie's Garden quilt is so lovely! Really nice work. hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Sophie's Garden ... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy stopping by and seeing what you are up to. :) I agree with everyone else that your garden is blooming beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new Union Blue fabrics! Dislike Lord Loxley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Sophie's garden quilt! It is always a good feeling to make progress. Your new fabric bundle is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new fabrics and Sophie's Garden is a beautiful quilt! I will enjoy watching your progress! Have a lovely week! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my world, any weather is perfect for sewing! Love this quilt! I will have to look back for pictures of your hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Sophie's Garden quilt is really beautiful. Love the wee birdie in block 12!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many beautiful blocks in this quilt--I can't choose a favorite.
    Great bundle of fabrics. This post features a favorite color combo for me--blue and brown. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sophie's Garden is looking lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sophie's Garden is looking lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE Sophie's Garden! You do such neat pretty work. Hi from Leeanne in New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete