Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sunday Stars

Hopefully I will get this top loaded on the frame today and maybe even start on the machine quilting.

This will be a model at Colorz.
The focus fabric is really beautiful--you know I love me some birds!
The second "half" star for Stars in the Garden is complete..... 

.....and  some components for the full stars are basted and stitched.

I also put together some "kits" for the last three full stars.
It seemed kind of inefficient to keep pulling out fabrics for each round.
When I came across some hexagon flowers that had been stashed away I decided to put them to use as star centers.
I'll be doing my hexagon basting while watching the finale of Arthur and George on PBS and maybe I will even get around to The Fall on DVD.
Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
Slow Sunday Stitching




12 comments:

  1. How lovely Karen, at first glance I thought you'd appliqued those birds, what a great iced of a print!

    Have fun with your EPP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabric for sure. Looks great as your alternate block! I just started Arthur and George so far so good but a bit slow for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric with the bird! What a lovely print..design and colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea separate all the elements in zip plastic for future work. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Stars in the Garden hexies--so pretty hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous quilt Karen! Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it! Cute hexagons too! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous focus fabric and colors! I love birds and am always looking for new bird print fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya, I agree with the other comments made about your bird fabric. Such a great idea to place it into your other blocks. Hexie idea is a good one. Funny how we miss the very practical ideas until they in front of our face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see the way the bird fabric is used in the quilt. Lovely. Good luck with your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great print and really pulls the quilt together. Hope you've had time to get to the machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you were a fabric shop you'd have sold yards of the bird fabric by now. It's such a fabulous fabric and a great way to incorporate it into your quilt. It's lovely seeing the hexies turn into stars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects to enjoy! Hope the quilting is going well :)

    ReplyDelete