Sunday, October 11, 2015

Slowly but Surely!

Well, it's not even half way through the month and my October UFO is off the frame and ready to bind..amazing, right???
 I plan to work on getting the quilt bound later today, but I have a feeling it will also be coming with me to a sew-in on Monday. We are supposed to have an unusually warm day today, and I have lots of work to do in the gardens before winter, so outside I will be! 

I know I'm not the only one out there with unfinished Bonnie Hunter projects!
This is my box of spools that were a leader and ender project a couple years ago. I think this time of year, as it gets closer to Bonnie Hunter mystery time, it seems like a good idea to get at least one of those unfinished projects completed before starting something new. I'm going to do a little research and if I find a setting I like, the spools may be my "project to finish".


Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!


Linking with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching HERE

and WIP's Be Gone HERE
Slow Sunday StitchingWIPs Be Gone

11 comments:

  1. I just started some spools not too long ago for a here a little, there a little kind of project :) Enjoy getting dirt under your nails today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There looks like enough spools for a good sized quilt. Like you, I am half preparing for Bonnie's mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks wonderful and it seems you have many beautiful spools here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that reminds me of my spool top that needs quilting! I guess we all have those projects that put aside for awhile. Hope you find a setting that excites you about finishing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yah... I have a half finished spool quilt somewhere around here!
    Enjoy stitching your lovely striped binding! You are way ahead of the pack this month!
    Thanks for linking up and contributing to a wonderful Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Bonnie ufo is the Celtic solstice. I am working on it now, hoping to get ready for the next mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh your October UfO looks great!! Well done for staying on track with your UFOs. You'll have fun creating with those spools!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your Oct. UFO. And look at all those spools. Leaders and Enders are a efficient sewing idea but like you, mine took multiple years to get enough to make a finished project. But it's better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes I look around at my UFO's and wonder if I will ever get them done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like what I see of your Oct. UFO.
    I gave up trying to keep up with Bonnie's quilts. I just enjoy the parade as everyone else shares their efforts. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Karen! Your quilting looks fabulous and I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt once the binding is on! Have a lovely day in your garden! Christine x

    ReplyDelete