Friday, March 18, 2016

You Must Remember This....

It's been a while since I even thought about my wool hexagons from Stitch Society--out of sight, out of mind, as they say....

Look at this!! 
No, sadly, this isn't mine--rats!
My hexagons are still in a tub.
This beauty belongs to Sandi Tundel. Sandi has been leading a group making the Stitch Society hexagons at Eagle Creek Quilt Shop. 

I had heard that Sandi had her quilt finished, and I was about to email her and beg for some photos when they popped up in my mailbox. Even though we have never met, I consider Sandi one of my friends because we are kindred spirits, for sure!

Aren't they all wonderful?
I'm reminded of  how much fun they were to make and inspired to get mine out and do something with them. 

Sandi explains how she made the top:  
Each of the wool hexagons was sewn to an individual "quiltlet" that already had batting in it and then all the individual "quiltlets" were joined together by machine.
Wowzer!

Thanks Sandi for sending me photos and allowing me to share your quilt--I love it!

8 comments:

  1. very cool, love the little pictures in each hexie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do remember your wonderful hexagons. So many unique designs. Thank yo for sharing a version that is all put together. I had just assumed you would sew one to the next one but see that there is a path between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fantastic quilt! It is a real work of art.... the hexagons are individually lovely too! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful top she made--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I recall these very fun little hexagons! Wow, what a quilt! Don't know if I could ever tackle that, but those lovely little blocks deserve to be displayed somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing, Sandi!! Love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wool hexies. Hope you find the time to finish them. It's a beautiful quilt that Sandi put together. Your turn next

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is amazing. Are you going to get yours out to work on now?

    ReplyDelete