Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Another Hump Day Progress Report!

Somehow, it's already Wednesday, and I'm still working on binding my April UFO. As usual I got a little sidetracked...
Since my Stitch Therapy meeting was on Monday morning, I needed to make up a few Lisa's Flower Garden blocks before class in case there were any little tips I could pass along. The wool applique blocks are only fused in place. I haven't started any stitching yet, but I am definitely itching to do that!

On Tuesday, I managed to finish the stitching on the Little Wooly Baskets blocks while I was at the Breezy Point Sew-In. 

I had to add some stems to the strawberry blossoms and little seeds to the strawberries just for fun. 
And another week of 365 Challenge blocks are done--whew!
I hadn't sewn any of these since last Wednesday, so Monday night I got back up to speed.
Thankfully, yesterday's and today's blocks were pretty simple.

I don't know what I was thinking, but in my mind, quilt camp was another week away. Wrong! It starts this Saturday--yikes!  I will be doing my packing the rest of this week. There's a longarm quilting meeting on Friday, so I will need to stay on task tonight and tomorrow, for sure!
I've got my ThimbleCreek Clue 9 fabrics cut and will take them along to sew at the retreat.
The blocks are (again) perfect for the Magic 8 technique, so it was quick cutting.
Back to packing!! 

8 comments:

  1. You are one busy lady! Your 'little wooly baskets' are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always glad to see what you're working on and super glad when you figure out the magic 8 dimensions. Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all of your woolly projects--and the 365 Challenge blocks are so pretty in those blues!
    Enjoy your quilt camp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sewing projects, wonderful color and fabric mixes and such a neat style.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love the little woolly baskets. I've been collecting wool for a while but needed a few more of the brighter colors. It's almost time for yard sales again, yeah! An inexpensive source for wool, but takes a little patience for the range of colors needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great hump day full of fabulosity! You've picked the best back ground for your woolly baskets. The strawberries look good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of stunning projects on the go Karen.... I particularly like the wool blocks... so pretty! Have a lovely quilt camp! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am still amazed at how much you get done. Lovely work with the baskets.

    ReplyDelete